The Battle of Lagos is a historical battle in Empire: Total War.
As so often in 18th Century warfare, French plans to invade England during the Seven Years War were reliant on ships from the naval base at Toulon joining ships from Brest. The British had both ports blockaded, and the French had to wait for one of the blockading fleets to withdraw for re-supply before attempting any rendezvous.
The opportunity came when the British fleet under Admiral Boscawen at Toulon withdrew to Gibraltar. The French under Jean-François de la Clue-Sabran left Toulon, and began to make their way towards Brest. Passing the Straits of Gibraltar, the French were spotted by Boscawen's lookout ships.
Giving chase, Boscawen's fleet was only slightly larger than the French force, and caught up with them off the coast of Portugal where battle was joined.
Take control of the British and defeat the French to end the invasion threat to Britain.
Historically, the French fleet separated and Boscawen's fourteen ships defeated seven French ships.
- Third Rate Ship of the Line - Warspite
- Third Rate Ship of the Line - Culloden
- Fourth Rate Ship of the Line - Intrepid
- Fourth Rate Ship of the Line - Jersey
- Admiral's Jean-François de La Clue-Sabran, 3rd Rate - Ocean'
- Admiral's Flagship, 3rd Rate - Achero
- Third Rate Ship of the Line - Temeraire
- Third Rate Ship of the Line - Souverain
- Third Rate Ship of the Line - Guerrier
- Third rate Ship of the Line - Achille
- Fourth Rate Ship of the Line - Pluton